Friday, February 4, 2011

It's been a busy time.  My company has stationed me at Penang Malaysia for 3 months.  This has given me plenty of time to get around and see the sights on the weekends.  Not much chance for drawing lately, but here is an image that I captured just a short walk from my hotel.  I did a pencil sketch on the spot in my moleskin notebook and then came back and worked over it with a ball point pen.  The quality of the image is not that great as I had to take a picture using my phone. 

This is a great spot for a stroll in the evening just before sunset.  There is usually a stiff breeze and there are literally hundreds of kites for sale and little kids and old flying them.  There is a narrow waterway here between Penang Island and Palau Jerejak which you can see to the left.  I will be working on some other drawings soon.

No comments: